Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This, That and a Train in Hair

I told you I was going to catch up! Today I'm posting a few random pictures and a cute video from the beach of Dylan. Stay tuned at the bottom for my ever so important environmental/financial tip of the day!

Dustin and the boys at a Baron's Game.

Aunt Laura playing with the boys. We all lauged so hard at them attacking her. Dylan would get up on her feet and curl his legs backward and up towards the ceiling. There is a video at the bottom of this post of her doing this.

Last night we had Shannon come over with her girls. They live in Huntsville, so we don't get to see them often, but when we do, the kids sure have a great time! In fact, somehow Lily got this train tangled in her hair. Her hair, which has never been cut. Her hair, which I didn't want to be cut for the first time because one of my kids toys was extremely tangled in it! Dustin ended up taking the train completely apart to save her hair. Lily was super patient while Mr. Dustin used a screwdriver save the day.

Jacob, Erin, Dylan, Lily and Bailey


Dylan loving the ocean.
He even prays for the beach each night since this trip
("thank you for the beach")


Aunt Laura and the boys. Dylan doing his weird pose!

Exciting tip of the day:
I've added in my 2 cents on how to better use a train table (turn it into a zoo), how to save your camera when in your purse (a baby sock), and so on, so I'm going to keep posting little tidbits I learn that make my life easier and the environment a little cleaner, or the wallet a little fuller.


Dryer Sheets:
Most of us use Dryer Sheets to keep our clothes from coming out of the dryer in a big ball of static mess. A little trick I learned was to buy a box of dryer sheets and when you get home, cut the stack in half. Yep, cut each sheet into 2 pieces. Then use 1/2 of a dryer sheet with each load. It's a small change, but it makes the box last twice as long and leaves half the waste per load. And it still does the job!

No comments: