Friday, January 18, 2008

Who Knew?

I found this picture on the side of my mom's fridge. Back behind the monthly calendar, invitations and other pictures that had been added over the years. A picture of my brother Matt and I and our childhood friends, Kevin & Rob Guyette. The Guyettes moved off to Arizona probably 20 years ago, but we've kept in touch over all these years.

In the Christmas Newsletter I received this year I learned that Kevin, on the far left, plays baseball with the Boston RedSox. Rob, dressed in the fine clown outfit, is flying fighter jets with the Marines and is studying to become an astronaut. I am dressed in a lovely cheerleading outfit, with what appears to be the largest pom-poms known to man. This is a future business owner and mom to 2 precious little boys. And Matt...oh Matt, Matt, Matt. Matt is dressed up in his Halloween Costume as Micheal Jackson (he even had a white glove for one hand). Michael, I mean Matt, will become a Sales Manager for a world-wide Crane business.

Who ever would have known, when taking this picture, that these 4 goofy and awkward kids would someday be pretty successful adults?! It sure does make me stop and look at my kids and wonder where in the world they will be in 20 years. It truly could be anywhere!



1 comment:

Matt J said...

Where the crap did you get that picture! HA! I love it...and who knew I was going to dance and junk when I got older. good one..